photo credit: dailysnark.com
The time has come! We are less than 24 hours away, until Round 1 kicks off. It’s finally here. After months and months of preparation, teams, and the Draft community, are ready for the Draft. Here is my final Mock Draft. Rounds 3-7, will be posted tomorrow afternoon. I hope you enjoy the Draft, and I hope you enjoy my final Mock Draft!
- Jacksonville = Trevor Lawrence (Jr) QB – Clemson
- The fact that Urban Meyer was up-front at Lawrence’s pro day says it all. I wouldn’t be surprised at all, If Lawrence was studying the Jaguars playbook, once the Jags found out they had the first overall pick. It would be a surprise, if he’s not a superstar.
2. New York Jets = Zach Wilson (Jr) QB – BYU
- If you still don’t know what BYU stands for, then you don’t follow the Draft close enough. The worst-kept secret of this Draft, is the Jets love Wilson. Wilson becomes the new face of the franchise in The Big Apple.
3. San Francisco (from Houston via Miami) = Justin Fields (Jr) QB – Ohio State
- I’m just not buying all this Mac Jones and Trey Lance talk here. Fields is just too good of a talent to pass up. Even if Jimmy Garoppolo starts the season, it won’t be long until Fields is handed the keys of the franchise. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fields leads the 49ers to a Super Bowl title.
4. Atlanta = Trey Lance (RSo) QB – North Dakota State
- Matt Ryan will be 36 next month, and this is a great opportunity to land his successor here. Lance is a great fit in new Head Coach Arthur Smith’s Offense. Lance might need some time to get acclimated to the NFL, and he would get that chance while sitting behind Matt Ryan, taking over for him, in year 2 or 3.
5. Cincinnati = Penei Sewell (Jr) OT – Oregon
- Chase and Burrow would be lethal together, just like they were at LSU, but protecting Burrow is more important. Sewell is the best Tackle in this Draft, and maybe the best to come out in the past decade. Sewell would help keep Burrow upright in the pocket.
6. Miami (from Philadelphia) = Ja’Marr Chase (Jr) WR – LSU
- Miami needs to provide Tua with more weapons, in order for him to have more success. Chase’s decision to opt out, may have improved his Draft stock. Tua and Chase would be one of the best QB/WR combos for years to come.
7. Detroit = DeVonta Smith (Sr) WR – Alabama
- The Lions could take a Quarterback here, but new GM Brad Holmes was with Jared Goff in Los Angeles, I don’t see them going in that direction. Kenny Golladay, and Marvin Jones are both out the door, and help is needed. Smith has a chance to be the best Receiver in Football.
8. Carolina = Kyle Pitts (Jr) TE – Florida
- I could see them taking Mac Jones here, but ultimately I think they will pass on a Quarterback. Providing Darnold with a player like Pitts, would do wonders for Darnold’s game. Tight Ends like Pitts, don’t come around very often.
9. Denver = Rashawn Slater (Sr) OT/G – Northwestern
- With the top 4 Quarterbacks off the Board, the Broncos elect to pass on Mac Jones, and help strengthen their Offensive Line. This is a make or break year for Drew Lock, and he needs to be better protected. If Slater can’t hold up at Tackle, they can slide him inside to Guard, to help protect Lock.
10. Dallas = Patrick Surtain II (Jr) CB – Alabama
- That Dallas Secondary was just awful last year, and they need help. Surtain, would instantly give that Secondary a much-needed boost. Surtain and Diggs, would form a nice Cornerback tandem, just like they were at Alabama.
11. New York Giants = Jaylen Waddle (Jr) WR – Alabama
- Along with Drew Lock, this is a make or break year for Daniel Jones. They signed Kenny Golladay, but more help is needed. Waddle might have the biggest upside, of all the Alabama WR’s, to come out in recent memory.
12. Philadelphia (from San Francisco via Miami) = Micah Parsons (Jr) LB – Penn State
- Many are giving the Eagles a Corner here, but they can address that, on Day 2. You can’t pass up a player like Parsons still on the Board. He would be the new leader and signal caller, on that Eagles Defense. Parsons has all of the tools teams look for, in a modern Linebacker.
13. Los Angeles Chargers = Christian Darrisaw (Jr) OT – Virginia Tech
- Protecting Justin Herbert, needs to be the teams main focal point this offseason. Darrisaw is one of the most sound Tackles in this Draft, and would help keep Herbert upright.
14. Minnesota = Alijah Vera-Tucker (RJr) OT/G – USC
- A Edge rusher is needed, but Kirk Cousins, needs to be better protected, and that takes priority. Vera-Tucker can start on the outside. If he struggles, they can move him inside. Either at Tackle or Guard, Vera-Tucker should carve out a nice career.
15. New England = Mac Jones (RJr) QB – Alabama
- Nobody wants to see Mac Jones go to the Patriots, and they would be even more mad, if he falls right into their lap. Jones becomes the new face of the franchise.
16. Arizona = Jaycee Horn (Jr) CB – South Carolina
- Even if Patrick Patterson was still their, another CB would be needed. Horn is a physical CB, who just might have the highest upside of any CB in this Draft.
17. Las Vegas = Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (RJr) LB/S – Notre Dame
- The Raiders need help along the second level of their Defense. Owusu-Koramoah would provide immediate help, and would be the new leader of that Raiders Defense.
18. Miami = Gregory Rousseau (RSo) EDGE – Miami
- The Dolphins need more help along their Defensive Line. They can slide Wilkins inside, and let Rousseau rush from the outside. Rousseau, Wilkins, and Davis, would form a nice tandem.
19. Washington = Zaven Collins (RJr) LB – Tulsa
- Washington could go WR here, but this WR class is so deep, they can select one on Day 2. They do need a stud Linebacker, and Collins fills that bill. Washington now, has one of the best front 7’s in Football.
20. Chicago = Teven Jenkins (RSr) OT – Oklahoma State
- The Bears will need to protect Andy Dalton, and their future franchise Quarterback. They can start Jenkins on the left, and if he struggles, they can move him to right side, where he played the majority of his time in Stillwater.
21. Indianapolis = Kwity Paye (Sr) EDGE – Michigan
- The Colts have a gaping hole at LT, with the retirement of Anthony Castonzo. With the Tackle class being deep, they can address that later in the Draft. More Edge rush help is needed. Paye is a raw, but he has the upside to be a star.
22. Tennessee = Jaelan Phillips (RJr) EDGE – Miami
- The Titans need help on the Edge. Denio Autry can be upgraded, and Harold Landry has disappointed. Phillips can step in and start right away, and provide help immediately.
23. New York Jets (from Seattle) = Caleb Farley (RJr) CB – Virginia Tech
- With Farley having back surgery recently, that pushes him down the Board, and his fall stops here. Farley would instantly be the teams new #1 CB, and would anchor that Secondary.
24. Pittsburgh = Najee Harris (Sr) RB – Alabama
- James Conner is out the door, and Benny Snell isn’t a bell cow back. Harris has a lot of similarities to former Steeler Le’Veon Bell. He fits in perfectly, with the Steelers physicality.
25. Jacksonville (from Los Angeles Rams) = Alex Leatherwood (Sr) OT/G – Alabama
- What happens when you select a new franchise Quarterback? You protect him! They can move Cam Robinson to Guard, and let Leatherwood protect Lawrence’s blind side.
26. Cleveland = Christian Barmore (RSo) DT – Alabama
- The Browns don’t have many weaknesses, but they could strengthen the interior of their Defensive Line. Barmore might not start right away, but it won’t be long, until he earns a starting spot.
27. Baltimore = Jalen Mayfield (RSo) OT – Michigan
- With the Ravens shipping Orlando Brown to the Chiefs, they need to get a replacement. Mayfield played mostly RT at Michigan, and he can stay their, with Ronnie Stanley manning the left side.
28. New Orleans = Jayson Oweh (RSo) EDGE – Penn State
- Cameron Jordan is getting up their in age, and they can use another pass rusher. Oweh didn’t register a sack last season, but the right coaching staff, can unlock Oweh’s potential.
29. Green Bay = Azeez Ojulari (RSo) EDGE – Georgia
- I would be surprised, if the Packers draft a WR here. They haven’t drafted one in the first, since 2002. They need help along their Defensive front. Ojulari would start right away, and would make an immediate impact.
30. Buffalo = Joe Tryon (RJr) EDGE – Washington
- Jerry Hughes, and Mario Addison are aging. Tryon can start off as a situational pass rusher, and then would be a starter, at some point during next season.
31. Baltimore (from Kansas City) = Rashod Bateman (Jr) WR – Minnesota
- Lamar Jackson could use another weapon to throw to. Bateman would be a nice fit, in that Ravens Offense.
32. Tampa Bay = Carlos Basham Jr. (RSr) EDGE – Wake Forest
- The Bucs biggest need is Edge rusher. Basham would start right away, and make an immediate impact.
33. Jacksonville = Terrace Marshall Jr. (Jr) WR – LSU
34. New York Jets = Kadarius Toney (Sr) WR – Florida
35. Atlanta = Travis Etienne (Sr) RB – Clemson
36. Miami (from Houston) = Trevon Moehrig (Jr) S – TCU
37. Philadelphia = Elijah Moore (Jr) WR – Ole Miss
38. Cincinnati = Rondale Moore (RSo) WR – Purdue
39. Carolina = Dillon Radunz (RSr) OT – North Dakota State
40. Denver = Greg Newsome II (Jr) CB – Northwestern
41. Detroit = Jamin Davis (RJr) LB – Kentucky
42. New York Giants = Nick Bolton (Jr) LB – Missouri
43. San Francisco = Asante Samuel Jr. (Jr) CB – Florida State
44. Dallas = Liam Eichenberg (RSr) OT – Notre Dame
45. Jacksonville (from Minnesota) = Pat Freiermuth (Jr) TE – Penn State
46. New England = Eric Stokes Jr. (RJr) CB – Georgia
47. Los Angeles Chargers = Elijah Molden (Sr) CB – Washington
48. Las Vegas = Levi Onwuzurike (RSr) DT – Washington
49. Arizona = Creed Humphrey (RJr) C – Oklahoma
50. Miami = Javonte Williams (Jr) RB – North Carolina
51. Washington = Dyami Brown (Jr) WR – North Carolina
52. Chicago = Nico Collins (Sr) WR – Michigan
53. Tennessee = Tyson Campbell (Jr) CB – Georgia
54. Indianapolis = Samuel Cosmi (RJr) OT – Texas
55. Pittsburgh = Jackson Carman (Jr) OT – Clemson
56. Seattle = Spencer Brown (RSr) OT – Northern Iowa
57. Los Angeles Rams = D’Ante Smith (RSr) OT – East Carolina
58. Kansas City (from Baltimore) = Joseph Ossai (Jr) EDGE – Texas
59. Cleveland = Payton Turner (Sr) EDGE – Houston
60. New Orleans = Jabril Cox (RSr) LB – LSU
61. Buffalo = Michael Carter (Sr) RB – North Carolina
62. Green Bay = Chazz Surratt (RSr) LB – North Carlina
63. Kansas City = Kelvin Joseph (RSo) CB – Kentucky
64. Tampa Bay = Baron Browning (Sr) LB – Ohio State